Are you compassionate, hardworking, and have a passion for providing quality home care services? One of our employment opportunities might be perfect for you. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your application below for review. We will contact you with our feedback soon.
Make a career of making a difference. Join Magnolia Home Care Service today.
REGISTERED NURSE POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care services through coordination, implementation, and supervision of the patients. The Registered Nurse follows the POC and supervises the staff delivering care. The Registered Nurse participates in quality improvement activities within the Agency promoting overall compliance with State and Federal guidelines and professional standards of practice.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a public health, home health care, or hospital background.
- Must be licensed RN with the state of Georgia. Aspiring RNs may earn a diploma, an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Must have at least one year clinical experience.
- Must own transportation and flexibility to work different hours and locations
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner easily understood by most people.
- Must be able to travel to prospective patient’s place of residence.
- Must be able to stoop and bend; must be able to lift and transfer patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates leadership and provides direction to members of the patient care team through case management of patient home health episode of health care.
- Case management of patient services including:
- Intake and coordination of a referral form an acceptable referral source.
- Initial in home evaluations and/or assessment.
- Establish the patients individualized treatment and client record baseline.
- Collaborate with other agency staff: and contract services to coordinate and implement the POC.
- Supervises the implementation of the POC and the quality of care delivered to the patient.
- Provides in home supervision of Home Health Aide Services at least every 14 days for patient receiving aide services and documents the visit in the client record.
- Provides supervision of LPN’s assigned to patient caseload, through directing the implementation and evaluating the effectiveness of the nursing care and patient’s plan of care.
- Provides client and staff supervision 24 hours a day when assigned on-call.
- Collaborating with leadership/management team and office staff to facilitate timely office processing of paperwork and personnel information.
- Actively participates in agency quality improvement activities.
- Promotes the Agency and services to the public, participates in physician and community education related to services provided by the agency as registered
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains responsibility to develop professional self attend seminars, and identify self -learning needs, collaborates with agency leaders in meeting learning needs.
Companions and Sitters
The companion/sitter is a non-professional employee, trained to provide companion and sitter related services.
- Be able to read and write, follow verbal and written instructions, and complete written reports and documents.
- Successfully complete training or demonstrate understanding and practical competency in the following areas: understanding the needs and characteristics of elderly, handicapped, or convalescing individuals; meal preparation and serving; transportation and escort services; housekeeping to include sanitation; home safety; handling medical emergencies in the home; and infection control.
- Selected on the basis of such factors as: an interest in people, tact, a history of emotional stability, dependability in employment, neatness in appearance and practices, good personal hygiene, and good judgment.
- Gives emotional support and encouragement during period of loneliness, depressions, bereavement, etc.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks that are required.
- Cares for clothing, washing, ironing, and mending.
- Records observation and signs each entry on the appropriate form for each visit made.
- Communicates on a weekly basis or more often as necessary with his/her supervisor.
- Immediately reports emergency situations by phone to supervisor or agency office.
- Confirms on a weekly basis the scheduling of visits with the Supervisor/Director in order to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel.
- Notifies the Agency of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings that will affect service with the Agency.
- Must have a car with required insurance coverage and a state driver’s license or reliable transportation.
- Attention to Detail: Some clients have specific rules or schedules that must be minded, or specific rules that must be followed.
- Interpersonal Skills: Caregivers work in a very personal way with their clients. Some will be in pain or very sensitive to their fragility.
- Caregivers must be sensitive and compassionate with clients.
- Stamina: Caregivers might need to lift clients into the bathtub, cars and into bed, and need strength.
TIME MANAGEMENT: Caregivers are schedule keepers. Caregivers have to be there to make sure clients get up on time, make sure medication is taken on schedule and clients get to appointments on time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 1 + years of experience as a CHHA
- A love for our senior communities
- Good english and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a household setting (light housekeeping, meals prep, etc)
- A compassionate and upbeat attitude
- Own transportation and flexibility to work different hours and locations.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to the extent required by the position
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the position
- Able to travel to prospective clients’ residences
Newborn Care and Night Nanny
We are looking for nannies or child caregivers available to serve the greater Atlanta area. To work with Mothers Helping Hands Atlanta you must be able to work overnights, weekends and have reliable transportation, as we don’t have clients on the bus line.
We are a PRN company which means you will not be guaranteed 40 hours a week. Also, we don’t make your schedule, so you are able to pick the shifts according to what we have available. Our shifts range from 5 hours up to 12 hours and all hours are based off of our clients requests.
Your interview and orientation will be done all at the same time. On this day we also do background checks and drug tests, as we are a drug free employer. If you’re interested and able to attend please apply below. Contact us with any questions.
Please Bring to Interview:
- Driver License
- Social Security Card
- CPR/First Aid
- Proof of any Newborn Care Training
- Proof of your TDAP vaccine or Booster.
- TB test results or chest x ray
- Auto Insurance
All Credentials must be current. No copies please.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) and Personal Care Aide (PCA)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ambulation, transfer, and positioning of clients.
- Assist with bathing, grooming, shaving, dental care, dressing and eating.
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid and CPR.
- Meet client’s special needs as it relates to:
- home management
- home safety & sanitation
- infection control in the home
- Medically related activities including:
- taking vital signs
- proper nutrition
- Implement current Certified Nurse Aide services
- Ensure Service Plans of Care are discussed with the Mothers Helping Hands Home Care Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Ensure client assignments and reports are received from the Mothers Helping Hands Home Care Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified Nurse Aide Certification required through successful completion of an approved program or completion of first semester of nursing school.
- One year-full time experience in personal care or an institutional setting, such as a hospital or nursing home, OR one-year full-time experience within the last five years in direct client care in a home care agency setting; OR
- Evidence of sympathetic attitude toward elderly care
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and carry out directions.
- Evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in professional meetings when directed.
- No more than two moving violations within the past three years or any DUI/DWI or reckless driving conviction in the past seven year.
- Must be able to pass 10 panel drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.